Re: [ontolog-forum] Difference between XML and OWL

To: edbark@xxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:07:01 +0100
> It has been fun, John.  I think we have now driven away any possible
> interest in this discussion.  ;-)    (01)

Far from it! As someone who is gaining traction from the current
interest in OWL but finding the OWL tools not up to the task of
presenting business knowledge back to business people (and hence using a
UML tool), I find this very interesting.    (02)

I see ontology (OWL or otherwise) as fitting into one specific box in
the Zachman Framework. What is unfortunate is that UML is so wedded to
OO development that it does not extend naturally into the semantic space
and so does not cover the whole of the first two columns. However, it is
extensible.    (03)

Mike    (04)