[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: Semantic Wiki mini-series: program planning

To: "[swikig]" <swikig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 12:07:10 -0700
We had, on Thursday 18-Sep-2008, an absolutely marvelous planning
session, where a great crowd gathered to forge a program for the
emerging "Semantic Wiki mini-series."    (01)

A huge "Thank You" should go to everyone who came and join us at the
session. A good number of candidate talks and panelists were gathered.
Together, some really wonderful ideas were generated too, in terms of
how to make this mini-series useful and meaningful to the community.
Amazingly, we were able to (through a very wiki-like process) collect
all the input and to set the tone for this mini-series with so many
people from all over the world, in such a short time (we even finished
the meeting a few minutes short of the originally designated 1.5
hours.)    (02)

Full proceedings - including agenda, abstracts, slides, pertinent
links, audio recording and the transcript of the online chat session -
have all been captured to the session page and are now available at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_09_18    (03)

Everyone who want to track this mini-series are encouraged to
subscribe themselves (if they haven't already done so) to the [swikig]
mailing list (see:
been designated the conversation workspace for this mini-series
effort. If anyone has further suggestions to the mini-series program,
please send them to the list or to the co-champions within the next 7
days, so they can be incorporated into our synthesis and scheduling
exercise.    (04)

While the co-champions will need to get to work on culling the
valuable input from the planning meeting, a kick-off event (again, in
our usual augmented conference call virtual setting) will likely be
launched around mid-October, for this "Semantic Wiki mini-series."
Watch out for announcement of the upcoming program for this
mini-series. They will be made on both the [swikig] list and the
[ontolog-invitation] list, and, as usual, listed under the "News &
Announcements" section at our Ontolog WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for our
upcoming events.    (05)

Thank you again, everyone, for a great session!    (06)

Regards.  =ppy    (07)

Semantic Wiki mini-series co-champion,    (08)

 Li Ding (RPI Tetherless World Constellation) <dingl@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Sebastian Schaffert (Salzburg Research, Austria)
<sebastian.schaffert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Harold Solbrig (Mayo Clinic) <Solbrig.Harold@xxxxxxxx>
 Max Volkel (AIFB, Karlsruhe) <max@xxxxxx>
 Peter Yim (Ontolog, CIM3) <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>