Re: [ontolog-forum] Pierce's writings

To: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rick Murphy <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 19:14:20 -0400
Hi Ravi and All:    (01)

I hope all is well. The general idea is that rather than bookmark
locally, we can all share knowledge by bookmarking globally. I was at
first skeptical, but I now find it convenient. And I think it would be
of great value to folks outside the ontolog forum to be exposed to the
wealth of knowledge that ontology forum members would be able to share.    (02)

I find it convenient to direct colleagues to my bookmarks, and you can
be specific and say look at my bookmarks and under haskell you'll find ...    (03)

Feel free to poke around my bookmarks, it's free and it just grew on me
after a while.    (04)

Of course certain people could debate issues relating to the structure
under which one's bookmarks are classified, but I suspect that debate
might take a while ...    (05)

The network feature allows members to subscribe to another's network, so
there's no need for a pre-conceived structure for sharing what another
individual has bookmarked.    (06)

Of course certain people could debate the implications of aligning the
terms through which individuals categorize their bookmarks with a set of
concepts that would allow the entire community to unify it's knowledge,
but that, as we know, might take a while ...    (07)