[ontolog-forum] FWD: [okmds-convene] Proceedings: OKMDS session-07 - Yoc

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 08:53:18 -0700
Proceedings: OKMDS session-07 - Thu 2008.05.08    (01)

The 7th event of our "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision
Support (OKMDS)" mini-series of activities representing a
NASA-Ontolog-KMWG collaboration took place on Thursday 08-May-2008.    (02)

Invited speaker Professor Yochai Benkler (Harvard) gave a most
wonderful talk on: "Cooperation, Human Systems Design, and Peer
Production." Professor Benkler shared with us his research and insight
into key aspects of the Networked Information Economy. The session was
co-chaired by Ms. Susan Turnbull (GSA) and Ms. Jeanne Holm (NASA/JPL),
and it was attended by an enthusiastic audience both on the augmented
conference call and on the NASA/JPL "Explorer Island" in the Second
Life virtual world.    (03)

Let's all give a huge "thank you" to Professor Benkler here.
Appreciations should also go to everyone who helped put the session
together, and to everyone who participated and contributed to the
discussion that followed the talk. Proceedings of the session has been
captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_05_08    (04)

In particular, screen-shots from our virtual world venue are now
available. So are the full audio recording and the podcast of the
session. Therefore, if you had missed the event or would like to
revisit it again, please refer to details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_05_08#nid1H4T    (05)

Thanks and regards.  =ppy    (06)

Susan Turnbull           Jeanne Holm                 Peter Yim
Senior Program Advisor   Chief Knowledge Architect   Co-convener
GSA                      NASA/JPL                    ONTOLOG    (07)

P.S. please mark your calendars, and come join us on Thursday
29-May-2008 when we will have our 8th and Closing Session of the OKMDS
mini-series. Talk to you all then!