[ontolog-forum] accounting inteoperability workshop

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "McCarthy, William" <mccarthy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 11:19:55 -0400

The workshop "Ontological Specification of Interoperability Semantics for Financial Information and Business Reporting Systems" will be held next Monday and Tuesday (the 12th and 13th of May) at the Westin Arlington Gateway in Arlington Virginia.  This workshop is sponsored by the National Science Foundation in cooperation with the American Accounting Association and the Department of Accounting & Information Systems at Michigan State University.

The workshop will have 25 participants from various accounting, computer science, and practitioner communities (XBRL, UN-CEFACT, IMF, SEC, IFRS, EPA, ONTOLOG, and academic accounting).

Roger Debreceny (University of Hawai’i) and I are the workshop co-chairs, and we have rewritten the overview document for the workshop:

http://www.msu.edu/user/mccarth4/NSFontology/index.htm

If people who are hearing about the workshop for the first time think there is a set of ideas or a community of practice that was omitted from our plans, we invite them to submit a position slide (described in the overview document) to me, either before or after the workshop.  Roger and I have 60 days to prepare an overview report for NSF.

Bill McCarthy

Michigan State University

517-432-2913