Re: [ontolog-forum] Project HALO [was - Search engine for the ontology]

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:25:40 -0800
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 12:17 PM, John F. Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Then there was the HALO project, sponsored by Bill Gates's former
>  buddy, Paul Allen.  For that project, three groups -- Cycorp,
>  OntoPrise, and SRI International -- were given the task of
>  representing some pages from a chemistry textbook in their
>  favorite notation and solving some problems that would be
>  typical of a college freshman course in chemistry.    (01)

[ppy]  for those who may find the HALO project intriguing, Ontolog has
invited Mark Greaves (ex-DARPA Program Manager for the DAML project,
who is now at Vulcan and is running Phase-II of the project) and his
panel to present on HALO, shortly after a comprehensive evaluation of
their Phase-II results. We have scheduled that for Thursday,
19-Jun-2008.    (02)

This represents cutting-edge work from some of the most sophisticated
research groups in the world for practical applications of semantics
and artificial intelligence. Mark your calendars now (and watch out
for the event in upcoming announcements) so you won't miss it!    (03)

Regards.  =ppy