[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: Ontolog Invited Speaker session - Professor

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2008 12:07:47 -0800
We had, on Thursday 31-January-2008, a virtual session on some
brilliant work at the frontier of formal ontology research.
Professor Dr. John Bateman from the University of Bremen
(Germany) and his colleagues presented a talk entitled: "Ontology
Structuring Mechanisms and Ontological Modularity: ongoing
research and targeted applications." This include work at the
Bremen Ontology Research Group by himself (Prof. Dr. John
Bateman), Dr. Till Mossakowski, Dr. Oliver Kutz and Ms. Joana Hois.    (01)

Professor Bateman and his colleagues shared with us their work
relating to ontology structuring mechanisms and ontological
modularity through showing us some of their work on spatial
representation, human-robot interaction, ontologically mediated
interoperability and the state-of-the art tools they have been
working on -- CASL (Common Algebraic Specification Language) and
HETS (Heterogeneous Tool Set), in particular.    (02)

Thank you, John, Till, Oliver and Joana for doing this wonderful
talk, and for sharing your insights with us. And, as always,
thanks should go to all those who were able to participate in
real time, and especially for the contributing to the discussion
after the talk.    (03)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_31    (04)

In particular, full audio recording of the session (as well as
the podcast of it) is now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_31#nid17K5     (05)

... This contribution from Professor Dr. Bateman and the Bremen
Ontology Research Group folks, adds yet another valuable piece to
the body of knowledge on ontology and ontological engineering
that our community is building together. Thank you again, John,
and everyone!    (06)

Best regards. =ppy    (07)

P.S. the joint NIST-Ontolog-NCOR (plus other co-organizers)
Ontology Summit 2008 initiative is just about to start. The
Launch Event for this initiative has scheduled for next Thursday
07-Feb-2008. Please mark your calendar and make sure you join us
then, if you can. (Formal announcement(s) coming!)    (08)

Watch our [ontolog-invitation] list for further announcements of
Ontolog events that may be of interest, or browse the listing
under the "News & Announcements" section at our Ontolog
WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for
our upcoming events.    (09)

An archive of noteworthy past Ontolog events can be found at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (010)

Tx. =ppy
--    (011)