[ontolog-forum] What's happened to TAMBIS, BACIIS and similar informati

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Claudio Cardone <c.cardone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:43:34 +0200
Hello everybody.. I'm a new user, a biologist interested in ontologies,
you can see here my profile:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ClaudioCardone    (01)

First I wanted to write a post to introduce myself, but finally I've
decided to start directly with a question for the community, so to talk
of something of useful (at least for me, for the moment!)
In these days I'm trying to understand which information integration
systems (ontology-based) are currently available. In many papers I've
read about TAMBIS, but since the 2000 up to now I can't understand
what's happened: no official papers, no updated website, no mentions
among the past projects of the Manchester University
(http://img.cs.man.ac.uk/). This article
(http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=/iel5/6383/17062/00787647.pdf)
says that it's available at http://img.cs.man.ac.uk/tambis, but nothing
is there.
Second case: BACIIS. In the BACIIS website
(http://baciis.engr.iupui.edu/) there isn't anymore online access to the
system nor software download. Lack of any update information in this
case, too. The last paper is dated 2005
(http://baciis.engr.iupui.edu/papers/DILS-05-SC.pdf).
Third, and last: SEMEDA. The paper describing SEMEDA
(http://www.bioinfo.de/isb/2002/02/0021/main.html) says that the system
is available at (http://www-bm.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/semeda) but, as
usually, this give back a 404 Error (Not Found). There's another SEMEDA
website (http://www-bm.ipk-gatersleben.de/semeda) but authentication is
required. Anyway no explanations about the authentication, subscribing
etc are given there, neither contacts.    (02)

Might anyone help me to understand what's happened in these cases? Which
similar information integration systems do you know and/or use?    (03)

Thank you
Claudio    (04)