[ontolog-forum] Proceedings - Ontolog Mini-Series: Database and Ontology

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 02:32:22 -0700
On Thursday 12-Apr-2007, we had a very comprehensive session for
the 6th episode of the Ontolog mini-series on "Database and
Ontology." Dr. Matthew West (Shell International Petroleum
Company), again, presided over the session with invited speaker,
Mr. Edward Barkmeyer from the US National Institute of Standards
and Technology (NIST), who presented his talk on "Ontologies as
the Next Generation Information Models."    (01)

Thank you, Mr. Barkmeyer, for taking us through the development
of Information Modeling, comparing information modeling features
with those of the Web Ontology Language (OWL), and sharing your
insight on how you see these progress. Our appreciations to Dr.
Matthew West for championing this mini-series; and, as always,
thanks to all the participants for joining us at the session.    (02)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_04_12    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session is now
available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_04_12#nidZOU     (04)

... Mr. Edward Barkmeyer's presentation contributes to yet
another nugget in the body of knowledge on ontology and
ontological engineering that our community is building together.
Thanks again!    (05)

Best regards. =ppy    (06)

P.S. Upcoming events:    (07)

* The ongoing "Ontology Summit 2007 - Ontology, Taxonomy,
Folksonomy: Understanding the Distinctions" initiative will be
holding its face-to-face workshop and symposium on April 23 & 24,
2007 at Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA. Remote participation is
supported too. Register for your attendance now if you haven't
already ... Please refer to details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2007    (08)

* Thursday, 10-May-2007 - Dr. Matthew West will be presenting the
next episode (7th) of the "Database And Ontology" Mini-Series -
Professor Tatiana Malyuta from the City University of New York
will be our invited speaker. She will be giving a talk on
"Interaction of Ontology and Database in the Information System."
Please mark your calendars now, and register for attendance when
the formal announcement comes out.    (09)

* Watch our [ontolog-invitation] lists or the listing under the
"News & Announcements" section at our Ontolog WikiHomePage (at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidW ) for
other upcoming events.    (010)

* An archive of noteworthy past Ontolog events can be found at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ    (011)

Tx. =ppy
--     (012)

===
Peter P. Yim wrote Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:56:31 -0700:    (013)

Subject: Re: [ontolog-invitation] Ontolog Mini-Series: Database
and Ontology (Session-6) - Edward Barkmeyer (NIST)
- Thu 12-Apr-2007    (014)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=4&day=12&year=2007&hour=10&min=30&sec=0&p1=224    (018)

Join this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Leave this list: mailto:ontolog-invitation-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx