[ontolog-forum] Please check our IPR Policy before posting [was - Re: An

To: Ian Goldsmid <igoldsmid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 00:00:40 -0800
Dear Ian,    (01)

While your unsolicited post may be of interest to some of the
members of this community, I have a feeling that it may be in
violation of how members of this community customarily handle
non-open products. (If you tell me that your product is in fact
an open-source or open-technology product, then I stand
corrected. I am sure that you are aware that offering user
license at no charge does not render your product "open.")    (02)

Kindly note our IPR Policy
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32),
which essentially says:    (03)

    "those who are unable to contribute under an open content
license, open publication license or one of the free software or
open source licensing arrangements should refrain from
contributing to the [ontolog-forum] content."    (04)

... and the member policy for posting commercial-promotional or
personal-promotional content
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidLMK),
which says:    (05)

    "please make sure any commercial- or self-promotion material
or reference are strictly limited to one's namesake page or a
short signature block, and nowhere else as far as our open
collaborative work environment is concerned."    (06)

Every now and then, we solicit support from both commercial and
non-commercial institutions, and host events where we waive those
policies in order to help the community gain a proper perspective
and exposure to both open and non-open technologies or products.
Therefore, if you product is, in fact, not an "open" product,
please support us under those settings instead. We need your
understanding and help so that the membership, as a whole, can
adhere to the abovementioned policies.    (07)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy