Re: [ontolog-forum] Quick take on where we stand in our discussions

To: "'Pat Hayes'" <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Ray" <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:12:09 -0500
Pat,
        I think we're on the same page. In particular, I entirely support your
comment:
"Just make sure that we don't lose some way to distinguish what we used to call
'ontology engineering' from all the rest."     (01)

This categorization structure should improve things by doing just that -
distinguishing the "true" original meaning of the word, from other uses that
make us cringe. We can do that not by trying to defend the term, but by putting
things in the right place in the categorization.    (02)

- Steve    (03)