[ontolog-forum] Proceedings from the "Ontology Applications in Emergency

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:35:24 -0800
On Thursday 25-Jan-2007, we had a really thought provoking Panel
Discussion session on the subject: "Ontology Applications in
Emergency Response."  The expert panel included Mr. Rex Brooks,
Professor Bob Smith, Ms. Michelle Raymond and Professor Kenneth
Baclawski. The event came to being after months of planning and
design by our co-organizers Mr. Rex Brooks and Professor Bob
Smith. The briefings by the panelists were excellent; and that
was followed by enthusiastic discussions that carried the session
into overtime.    (01)

Our appreciations go out to our event co-organizers, to all the
panelists, and as always, to everyone who participated at the
session.    (02)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki
page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_01_25    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session is
now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_01_25#nidSI2
... our panelists insights and the ensuing discussion in this
session now makes another significant contribution to the body of
knowledge on ontology and ontological engineering that our
community is building together. Thanks again!    (04)

Best regards.  =ppy    (05)

P.S. On Thursdays 8-February-2007, Dr. Matthew West will be
presenting us the 4th Event in the "Database And Ontology"
Mini-Series. Mr. Martin O'Connor, a Researcher from the Stanford
Medical Informatics will be our invited speaker for that session.
He will be giving a talk on "Efficiently Querying Relational
Databases using OWL and SWRL."  Mark your calendars now, and be
on the look out for the official announcement of the event which
will be coming out soon.  Tx. =ppy
--     (06)

Peter P. Yim wrote Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:53:40 -0800:
Subject: [ontolog-invitation] Ontolog Technical Discussion:
Ontology Applications in Emergency Response - Thu 25-Jan-2007
 > Re:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_01_25

 > *REMINDER*
 >
 > The Ontolog Scheduled Discussion Event: "Ontology Applications
in Emergency Response" Panel Discussion is coming up this
Thursday 25-Jan-2007 (starting at 1:30pm EST / 10:30am PST /
18:30 UTC).    (07)

 > Our expert panel include Mr. Rex Brooks, Professor Bob Smith,
Ms. Michelle Raymond and Professor Kenneth Baclawski. We will
start our session with a briefing from each of the panelists, and
then proceed to an open discussion between the participants and
the panelists on the subject matter.    (08)

 > RSVP (by e-mailing the sender off-line; if you aren't
 > already an Ontolog member, kindly include your name,
 > affiliation and job title as well) to register your attendance
if you haven't already done so.    (09)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=25&year=2007&hour=10&min=30&sec=0&p1=224)    (013)