[ontolog-forum] Proceedings of the Ontolog Mini-Series: Database and Ont

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:07:41 -0800
We had very well attended event on 4-Jan-2007 for
Session-3 of the Ontolog mini-series on
"Database and Ontology." Dr. Matthew West (Shell
International Petroleum Company) presided over the
session with invited speaker, Ms. Elisa Kendall
(Sandpiper Software, Inc.) giving us an amazing talk
on: "The Ontology Definition Metamodel (ODM):
Motivation & Brief Introduction." As Dr. West points
out, Ms. Kendall's excellent talk allows us to see how
data models and ontology gets brought together and how
much exciting work is going on in this area.    (01)

Our appreciations go out to Ms. Elisa Kendall for her
wonderful talk, to all who had contributed to the ODM
standards work, to Dr. Matthew West for championing
this mini-series, and, as always, to all the
participants for joining us and for contributing to the
discussion during the session.    (02)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki
page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_01_04    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session is
now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_01_04#nidS2V
... Ms. Kendall's presentation on this great work of
the ODM team makes up another key contribution to the
body of knowledge on ontology and ontological
engineering that our community is building together.
Thanks again!    (04)

Best regards.  =ppy    (05)

P.S. Note that on next Thursday, 11-January-2007 -
Professor Werner Ceusters from the Ontology Research
Group (ORG) of the New York State Center of Excellence
in Bioinformatics & Life Sciences at the University at
Buffalo (New York, USA) will be presenting to the
community his talk entitled: "Realism-based Change
Management for Quality Assurance in Ontologies and Data
Repositories" as the 3rd event in the "Ontology
Measurement & Evaluation" Mini-Series ... Please refer
to details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_01_11     (06)

RSVP to <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline to register your
attendance, if you haven't already done so.  Tx. =ppy