[ontolog-forum] Proceedings from "Ontology Measurement and Evaluation" m

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:07:36 -0800
We had a really wonderful session today (21-Dec-2006),
for Session-2 of the NIST-Ontolog-NCOR mini-series on
"Ontology Measurement and Evaluation." Dr. Steven Ray
(NIST) presided over the session with invited speaker,
Professor Barry Smith (NCOR) giving us a brilliant talk
on: "The OBO Foundry - A Gold Standard Approach to
Ontology Evaluation."    (01)

Our appreciations go out to Professor Barry Smith for
his great lecture, to Dr. Steven Ray for championing
this mini-series, and, as always, to all the
participants for joining us and for contributing to the
rich discussion that followed the talk.    (02)

Proceedings of the session are captured on our wiki
page, at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_12_21    (03)

In particular, full audio recording of the session is
now available - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_12_21#nidRWQ
... Professor Smith, Dr. Ray, and everyone's remarks
today resulted in another key contribution to the body
of knowledge on ontology and ontological engineering
that our community is building together. Thanks again!    (04)

Best regards.  =ppy

Peter P. Yim wrote Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:23:57 -0800:
Subject: [ontolog-invitation] NIST-Ontolog-NCOR
mini-series on "Ontology Measurement and Evaluation" -
Professor Barry Smith - Thu 2006.12.21    (06)