[ontolog-forum] Presentation for 2006/11/30

To: pokelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Andreas Tolk <atolk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 07:30:35 -0500
Hello,
thank you very much for this great presentation. As you see in the two attached short contributions to the IEEE magazine and a recent keynote for the PADS community (principles of advanced distributed simulation), I am "on your side." Maybe you can help me in making the Levels of Conceptual Interoperability Model (LCIM) better, which we use to explain to people why they need to do this. It is now used in several domains and has been cited recently in several journal papers, so the more people make it better, the more benefits for the community (feel free to make use of Wikipedia to add your ideas, links, etc., just look for the "Levels of Conceptual Interoperability Model."
I will use your slide 16 - giving credits - in a presentation for Homeland Security, as they have the same old problem: what do our data mean, and how do we use them when bringing the systems of formerly independent organization together. The answer: data engineering ...
All the best
Andreas
Andreas Tolk, Ph.D.
atolk@xxxxxxx
Associate Professor/Engineering Management & Systems Engineering
242B Kaufman Hall
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA 23529
(757) 683-4500 (voice)