[ontolog-forum] Re: Ontology and Databases - Landscape

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:46:48 -0700
Thank you very much, Matthew. The slide looks great!    (01)

Folks (especially those on the Database_And_Ontology team),    (02)

I've posted Matthew's depiction, and other pertinent information
from our "Database_And_Ontology" mini-series planning meeting
yesterday onto the wiki at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DatabaseAndOntology    (03)

Please review and provide comment and further input (either
through posting to this list, or posting onto the wiki, and then
drawing our attention to your input by posting a brief message on
the forum here.)    (04)

In particular, we have got volunteers to a "Programming &
Technical Advisory Team" put together. They include: Matthew West
(Lead), Adrian Walker, Atilla Elci, Chris Partridge, Leo Obrst,
Peter Yim, Susie Stephens & Tatiana Malyuta. Anyone else
interested in participating in the team are welcomed to join us
too (if so, please post as a response to this message within the
next 2 weeks, indicating your interest and the area you'll
potentially contribute to.)    (05)

We are planning to start a first event in the mini-series in
early October 2006, possibly with an invited expert speaker who
could provide an overview of the subject and framing the issues
at hand. We solicit suggestions and recommendations for this
invited speaker. If any of you know and feel strongly about a
particular individual as being a most appropriate speaker on the
topic (and for this community), please email Matthew and myself
(offline, please) with your recommendation.    (06)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy