Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings from the Ontolog Face to Face Workshop -

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 01:22:35 -0700
As part of the Ontolog F2F program, a  group of us visited with
the SRI AI Center in the afternoon of 24-Jul-2006. Jack Park (of
SRI) was our host.    (01)

We met with Adam Cheyer, who had a dialog with the group and
discussed some more about the CALO project (beyond that which was
already covered in his earlier talk (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_05_04).    (02)

That discussion was followed by a seminar, which was arranged by
Rex Brooks. Frank McCabe, Chair of the OASIS SOA-RM TC Reference
Model Architecture Subcommittee, presented to the group of both
ARI and Ontolog folks, a wonderful talk on: "Service Oriented
Architecture Reference Model: An Informal SOA-RM Ontology."    (03)

Our face-to-face meeting ends mid-day 26-Jul-2006 with the end of
the Protege Conference. It has been a wonderful experience of all
of us who were able to attend.    (04)

I would like to take the opportunity to thank Bob Smith, Kurt
Conrad & Rex Brooks who had spend a huge effort putting together
a very rich program for all of us. Our appreciations are going to
all those who had contributed to the presentations made during
this event -- Bob Smith, Kurt Conrad, Peter Yim, Bill Jarrold,
Jack Park, Denise Bedford and Frank McCabe. A huge "Thank You"
for Jack Park and Adam Cheyer of SRI for their hospitality. And,
as usual, we thank everyone who were able to attend the
2006.07.23 workshop, the dinner that evening, as well as the SRI
visit of 2006.07.25 and the ensuing banquet (which was also part
of the Protege Conference program.)    (05)

Best regards.  =ppy