Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:47:59 -0700
The captioned series of events have been very well received. I am
pleased to provide an update to the program with more
announcements on planned events below.    (01)

*ANNOUNCEMENT*    (02)

The following events have also been scheduled as part of the
"Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge" during which this
community will explore the "what's" and "how's" to the
development of a semantically interoperable application, using
the improved access to the community knowledge of Ontolog as a
case in point. The series will culminate in our face-to-face
workshop on Sunday, 23-July-2006 which will take place in
Northern California, USA ans is co-located with the 9th
International Protégé Conference at Stanford.    (03)

* Thu 01-Jun-2006: Dr. Matthew West from Shell is returning on
Thursday, June 1, 2006, to present a talk on ISO 18876 -
integration of industrial data for exchange access and sharing
(IIDEAS). This will provide an architectural framework for
integrating/federating and what it involves ... Please refer to
details, closer to the time, at the session wiki page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_06_01     (04)

* Thu 15-Jun-2006: Dr. E. Michael Maximilien (IBM Research) and
Mr. Conor Shankey (Visual Knowledge) will be moderating our
scheduled discussion Thursday June 15, 2005 on "Ontologizing the
Ontolog Body of Knowledge - Discussion session 2". We'll be
focusing on tools and technical solutions at hand during this
discussion. Please refer to details, closer to the time, at the
session wiki page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_06_15    (05)

* Thu 29-Jun-2006: Dr. Timothy Redmond from Stanford Medical
Informatics will be our invited speaker for Thursday, June 29,
2006. He will be talking about the "Protégé Architecture and API"
for those of us in the community who are, or are planning to,
develop ontology-based applications ... Please refer to details,
closer to the time, at the session wiki page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_06_29    (06)

* Thu 13-Jul-2006: Dr. Patrick Cassidy of MITRE will be
presenting, Thursday, July 13, 2006, his talk entitled: "From
Controlled Vocabularies to Standard Ontologies" ... Please refer
to details, closer to the time, at the session wiki page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_07_13    (07)

* We'll be having our 3rd Ontolog Face-to-Face meetings late July
2006. As was the case last time, we are holding it in conjunction
with this year's 9th International Protégé Conference. The event
will be physically held at Stanford University, in Palo Alto,
California. We'll be organizing a full-day workshop on Sunday,
July 23rd, 2006, entitled: "Natural, Semi-Formal, and Formal
Ontologies: Bridging the Layers, Limits, and Lacunas" ... Please
refer to
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-05/msg00015.html
  and to
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_July_2006
for more details.    (08)

Please mark your calendars now, so that you won't miss any of
them. As usual, our virtual events are open to all. Please feel
free to pass this along to anyone who may be interested. To
register for any of the virtual events, please email me
<peter.@xxxxxxxx> off-line. (To register for the face-to-face
workshop and the Protege conference, one will need to do it at
the Protege/SMI web site. Kindly refer to the links provided above.)    (09)

Best regards.  =ppy
--    (010)