Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings of the Ontolog Invited Speaker session

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:24:29 -0800
We had a wonderful Ontolog session on Feb. 23, 2006, with Dr.
Matthew West, Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
of Shell International Petroleum Company Limited (London, UK),
and 'custodian' of ISO 15926-2, who presented to the community
his talk entitled: "An Introduction to 4 Dimensionalism and ISO
15926".    (01)

Thank you very much, Dr. West, for sharing with us your work and
insight. Appreciations are also due to SICoP/ONTAC-WG Chair, Dr.
Pat Cassidy of Mitre, who had made the invitation to Dr. West on
behalf of our community. And, of course, thanks to all who came,
participated and helped contribute to yet another great Ontolog
session.    (02)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording of the entire session has
now been posted. That is being archived in our knowledge
repository for reference and download by anyone interested. See
details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_02_23#nidK4M
Dr. West's input today adds true value to this collective
knowledge and intelligence that our community is building.    (03)

This talk actually makes up the last (before the March 15, 2006
Summit) of a series, which start with Adam Pease's tutorial on
SUMO back in May 2003, where we have been attempting to introduce
major contributors of publicly available upper ontologies and
their work to the community. This effort has culminated into the
upcoming Upper Ontology Summit event that we (Ontolog-SICoP-NIST,
the co-organizers) have just announced ... and that is *really*
the session you don't want to miss. See (or talk to) you there!
(... more details on this below.)    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (05)

P.S. Our major upcoming events already lined up, will include:    (06)

Thursday, Mar. 2, 2006, Professor Dr. Asuman Dogac from the
Middle East Technical University (METU) in Turkey will be
presenting to the community. Her talk is entitled: "Exploiting
ebXML Registry Semantics in the eHealth Domain" ... Please refer
to details on the wiki session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_03_02    (07)

Wednesday, Mar. 15, 2006 all afternoon EST, where custodians of
key upper ontologies and basic ontologists from around the world
will be convening at our Upper Ontology Summit event. This Summit
is co-organized by Ontolog, NIST and SICoP (and its ONTAC/COSMO
Working Groups). The event will be featured both virtually (like
our nominal augmented conference call events) as well as
physically, on-site at the US National Institute for Standards
and Technology (Gaithersburg, MD, US). See
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-forum/2006-02/msg00043.html
or our wiki page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit for
more details.    (08)

Mark your calendars and start registering for the events now!  =ppy