[ontolog-forum] Tagging Ontolog Contents Technical Discussion sessions

To: Denise Bedford <dbedford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Maximilien <maxim@xxxxxxxxxx>, Nicolas F Rouquette <nicolas.rouquette@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Conor Shankey <cshankey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:55:39 -0800
We had a great session today. Thanks to all who came and
contributed the host of great ideas for the captioned sessions.    (01)

See proceedings at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_02_16#nidJX7    (02)

=ppy    (03)

To: Denise, Max, Conor and Nicolas    (04)

Thank you all for being at the call today.    (05)

1. You are now co-moderators of our two upcoming Technical
Discussion sessions pertaining to the subject. (Denise, Max &
Conor volunteered; and Nicolas, we all volunteered you after you
left!)    (06)

2. In keeping with the Ontolog tradition, the co-moderators will
be organizing the event (with help from the Ontolog co-conveners
in the background) and will be calling all the shots (the focus,
format, who to invite, ... etc.) for your respective sessions.    (07)

3. I've got, on my notes of the conference call today (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_02_16#nidK65):    (08)

3a. session 1: what do we want to do? (i.e. to do with the
content we are tagging)    (09)

  * moderators: Denise, Max & Nicolas
  * date: 2nd week April 2006  - which would be 2006.04.13
  * candidate panelists: (please start tying this down)    (010)

3b. session 2: what are the technologies available? ... and what
our choice of technology to get the job done?    (011)

  * moderators: Max & Conor
  * date: end April or early May - please decide: 4/27 or 5/4
  * candidate panelists:  (please start tying this down)    (012)

4. I would need, very quickly, to:    (013)

(a) tie down the dates -- ref above and confirm.    (014)

(b) for you to provide me with a    (015)

         (b.1) title, and
         (b.2) an abstract of the session    (016)

You can refer to some of the earlier Ontolog Discussion sessions
listed under
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ as a
reference.    (017)

(c) once I get the above, I will be able to start a wiki session
page for each of the sessions. The co-moderators can then use
that (or create a /Prep subpage from it) to lay out their sessions.    (018)

5. As much as possible, please discuss online over this forum, so
that others in the community can contribute their ideas too (or
even volunteer to take on some of the prep work.)    (019)

Cheers.  =ppy