Re: [ontolog-forum] Re: Ontolog Invited Speaker - Ms. Elisa F. Kendall

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:35:34 -0700
We had a great virtual session today with Ms. Elisa Kendall from
Sandpiper Software presenting her talk on "The Model Driven
Semantic Web – Emerging Technologies & Implementation
Strategies."  The discussion between the participants and the
speaker were equally thought provoking.    (01)

Thank you very much, Elisa, for sharing your work and insight
with us. Thanks are also due to Dr. Brand Niemann for introducing
Ms. Kendall and for suggesting that we invite her in the first
place. And, as always, appreciations to all who come and joined
us today.    (02)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording of the entire discussion has
now been posted. That will be archived in our knowledge
repository for reference and download by anyone interested.
Additionally, for the next 10 days, telephone playback will also
available. See details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_09_08#nidEXD    (03)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (04)

P.S. Our next couple of major events have already been lined up.
  On Friday, Sep. 23, 2005, Mr. Jon Bosak of Sun Microsystems,
"Father of XML," will be sharing his experience in the making of
open standards through an open community process, in a talk
entitled: "Governance in the Development of an OASIS Standard for
Business Documents" at our joint Ontolog-CEW event ... and,
On Thu Oct. 13, 2005, Professor Barry Smith from SUNY, Buffalo
will be giving a talk entitled: "How to Do Things with Paper: The
Ontology of Documents and the Technologies of Identification."    (05)

Mark your calendars now ... and refer to our announcements
(Bosak's is out, and Smith's is coming) for more details. =ppy