[ontolog-forum] Sources

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jayne E Dutra <Jayne.E.Dutra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 11:08:11 -0700
Hello All,    (01)

I am looking for material regarding the relationship between ontologies and
taxonomies. I have seen a couple of slides showing taxonomies as a low
level or foundation level layer in some presentations regarding ontologies,
but it seems to me to be given short shrift. After all, if we are to
implement the Semantic Web in a robust way, we all need to agree on the
meaning of specific terms that may be used in ontologies or else the higher
level logic becomes a lot less meaningful.    (02)

If anyone knows of papers, articles, presentations, etc, on this topic,
please let me know.    (03)

Thanks very much in advance,    (04)

Jayne    (05)

Jayne Dutra
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Information Architecture and Semantic Engineering
JPL Knowledge Management
818-354-6948