[ontolog-forum] Updating the Ontolog Charter

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:59:28 -0800
During our 2005-02-03 conference call (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_02_03#nid0112),
we briefly discussed modifying our Ontolog Community Charter to better
reflect the work we are (and intend to be) doing.    (01)

I hereby propose the following  for the community's consideration and
discussion during this Thursday's (2005.03.03) Planning session.    (02)

Proposed updated charter:    (03)

Ontolog is an open, international, virtual community of practice, whose
membership will:    (04)

    * Discuss practical issues and strategies associated with the
development and application of both formal and informal ontologies.    (05)

    * Identify ontological engineering approaches that might be applied
to the UBL effort, as well as to the broader domain of eBusiness
standardization efforts.    (06)

    * Strive to advance the field of ontological engineering and
semantic technologies, and to help move them into main stream applications.    (07)

After we get a chance to discuss and probably wordsmith the above on
Thursday, a formal motion (if any is proposed and seconded) will be made
on the forum, and will be adopted by the broad active membership.    (08)

Please review the above, and provide comments and amendment suggestions
as you see fit.    (09)

Thanks & regards.  -ppy