Re: [ontolog-forum] SUMO updates

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Park <jackpark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 10:20:59 -0800
Adam,
Could you please provide some clarifications on the licenses involved.
The site says:
<quote>
SUMO is free and owned by the IEEE. The ontologies that extend SUMO are
available under the GPL license
</quote>    (01)

First, does "free" for the SUMO mean there is no license whatsoever? Is
there an implied "license to use" involved?    (02)

Second, doesn't GPL on the extensions imply that all software that uses
those also fall under GPL?    (03)

Thanks
Jack    (04)

Adam Pease wrote:    (05)