[ontolog-forum] EIDX "Semantic Harmonization" panel session - Dec. 1, 2

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jon Bosak <Jon.Bosak@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kim Rogers <krogers@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ian Henzel <IHenzel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 11:34:51 -0800
We (the Ontolog Forum) will be presenting our case at the EIDX "Semantic
Harmonization" panel session - 2~5pm PST Dec. 1, 2004.    (01)

Remote participation is supported, with a toll-free number for US
participants (sponsored by Sun), and a paid number for international
participants. The agenda, dial-in information, presentation material,
and other details are accessible at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_12_01    (02)

Peter Yim and Adam Pease will be delivering a brief, entitled "Explicit
Semantics for Business Ontology - an interim work report from the
Ontolog Forum," on behalf of the Ontolog community.    (03)

We are also expecting to release the whitepaper, "A Case for the
Ontological Expression of EBusiness Standards" (which Kurt Conrad et al.
is still working on) that culminates the insight active participants of
the community have collaboratively contributed.    (04)

The event (is hosted by, and) will be taking place at Sun Microsystems'
Menlo Park campus. [Registration is required for on-site attendees.]    (05)

The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion with audience
participation that afternoon. Therefore, we need as many members there
as we can, to support our case. Besides Adam, Kurt and Peter (who will
be on-site at the event), we've got Steve Ray, Leo Obrst and Alan
Stitzer who have committed to be participating remotely. Please mark you
calendars and plan to join us. We need you there.    (06)

Regards.  -ppy