Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings from Conference Call Thu 2004-06-24

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 11:45:54 -0700
Another very useful call today. We managed to tie down most of the loose
ends for next week's (2nd) Onotolog Face-to-face Meetings & Workshops.    (01)

Highlights of the call:    (02)

o  Agenda for the various meetings and workshops are out. See details
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_July_2004    (03)

o  In particular, the SICoP-Ontolog Joint Meeting (Wed 2004.07.07
afternoon) venue has been changed and is now going to be held at the GSA
(US Government - General Seervices Administration) office.    (04)

o Also, people who intend to be at the meetings, but still have not
signed up, should do so immediately. Some of the venues (NIST, for
example) require prior arrangements and information of the participants,
before physical access can be granted. Contact me
<mailto:peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> if there is any question.    (05)

o  so far, we haven't had people indicating that they will be attending
remotely. Therefore, if you are contemplating attending anyone of the
sessions through conference call-in, you should contact Kurt Conrad
ASAP. If, by noon time tomorrow (2004.07.02), this situation remains
unchanged, then we will not be making any arrangement to support remote
access to the meetings.    (06)

o  Bill McCarthy seconded the motion that "Peter Yim be appointed as
Liaison to the OASIS UBL TC from the Ontolog Forum". With that, the
motion is now open to a two week discussion/debate. Please do so over
the forum e-mail list under the "UBL Liaison from the Ontolog Forum" thread.    (07)

Proceedings of the call are captured at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_07_01    (08)

I look forward to seeing some of you, in person,  next week.    (09)

Best regards.  -ppy    (010)