Re: [ontolog-forum] ontology information

To: pippuccio@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 08:53:56 -0700
Hi,
   KIF is akin to a programming language, so the most appropriate editor is
still a text editor.  Emacs does well since KIF has a LISP-like syntax.  I
use Visual SlickEdit, which is an excellent (though expensive) commercial
programming editor.
   An ontology management system can help a lot though.  I've developed an
open-source KIF-based system that is available at
<https://sourceforge.net/projects/sigmakee/>.  Documentation for the system
is available at
<https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=22518&group_id=102489>.
   This group has adopted the Suggested Upper Merged Ontology as the basis
for its ontology work.  While it is not itself an ontology of business
processes, you'll find many, if not most, of the concepts you'll need for
such an ontology already in SUMO or its domain ontologies.  You can browse
SUMO on line at <http://virtual.cvut.cz/kifb/en/>.  You can find most of
the SUMO ontologies at <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/sigmakee/KBs/>    (01)

good luck,
Adam    (02)