[ontolog-forum] Recap of our Nov-2003 Workshop in San Francisco

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jon Bosak <jon.bosak@xxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 02:47:32 -0800
For those who attended, either on site or via phone conferencing, I'm
sure you'll agree that we covered a lot of grounds and made huge progress.    (01)

Thanks to Doug Engelbart, as always, for the inspiration, and for
inviting us to his home for the kick-off party. That really got us off
to a good start!    (02)

The colocation with the UBL meeting (and the hosting of the facility
by Sun Microsystems/Jon Bosak) proved to be invaluable. We managed to
build rapport and opened up opportunities which would otherwise have
been impossible. So, once again, thank you, Jon.    (03)

My sincerest appreciations to all who participated ... and,
especially, to those who had taken the time to share insights and
materials with the group. They were just great!    (04)

I've done my bit in updating the workshop wiki page. I'm sure Kurt and
others will have more to add. Therefore, to get the full scope of it,
please go look at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_Nov_2003    (05)

Cheers.  -ppy    (06)

P.S. Here are some pictures from the workshop ... I did not manage to
take a lot, but they'll still help some to associate faces with names.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/pic/ontolog-nov03-SanFrancisco/
  -ppy    (07)