[ontolog-forum] Re: [ba-unrev-talk] [Fwd: software patents]

To: ba-unrev-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[mp-sofi-dev] forum" <mp-sofi-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: MP_public@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[cwe-talk]" <cwe-talk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Henry K van Eyken <vaneyken@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 19:31:32 -0400
Yes, Gary, I signed as well - and saw Peter's name among the names of
those who signed. Twice, actually!    (01)

My reasons same as Peter's. The original intent of granting patents was
to promote innovation. Right now they hinder it because those attempting
innovation must keep looking over their shoulders for those about to hit
them with lawsuits, etc.    (02)

Widening the scope of this response, I believe the time has come to
rethink the "social contract" between corporate bosses and citizens at
large. This includes the whole patents and copyright mess.    (03)

Henry    (04)

--
Henry K van Eyken <vaneyken@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    (05)