RE: [ontolog-forum] KIF vs. Protege - part deux

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Yunker, John" <yunker@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:21:11 -0700
My point is more trying to relate the depth of our ontological mapping to the
use cases that are in front of us.  Our use cases are all related to
information exchange supporting integration of partners towards collaborative
process execution.      (01)

While I can see some use cases for the ability to exchange these functions, The
only use case I can see for directly capturing the functions is to help
identify the parameters that must be exchanged.    (02)

The benefits of Protégé for a) collaborative definition of ontological
elements; and b) use of those definitions to drive tools;  may have benefit
that outweighs the ability to actually capture function logic, especially given
the domain specific constraints on actual use of the logic once captured.    (03)

The reason I brought up the B2B constraint on functions was to help in that
decision, not to argue that capturing the functional logic was irrelevant.    (04)

John    (05)