[ontolog-forum] levels of specification

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:23:58 -0700
Folks,
   One point that Peter asked me to summarize from our call yesterday - we
talked about having multiple output from this effort.  The authoritative
version of the proposed standard would be KIF, but we would translate out
from KIF to other, less expressive representations include Protege and
SQL.  The KIF version would be normative.  The other versions would also be
normative, but incomplete, and implementors relying on the SQL version for
example, would still be required to ensure that their stored procedures
didn't violate the constraints stated in the KIF axioms.    (01)

Adam    (02)