[ontolog-forum] [ubl-ontology] Use Cases draft write-up

To: Sue Probert <sue.probert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim McGrath <tmcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Yunker <yunker@xxxxxxxxxx>, "William E. McCarthy" <mccarth4@xxxxxxx>, "Michael C. Daconta" <MDaconta@xxxxxxx>, Alan Stitzer <Alan.Stitzer@xxxxxxxxx>, Garret Minakawa <garret.minakawa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 14:15:11 -0700
Hi Everybody,    (01)

I learnt from Sue that Alan and Garret are joining in the ubl-lcsc
effort to help in use cases, and that Tim has already pointed them
towards what the [UBLOntology] project team is beginning to embark on as
well. I will look forward to everyone teaming up in this endeavor, so
that similar efforts are properly aligned.    (02)

As it turns out, the "Use Cases" discussion conference call which I had
earlier scheduled for tomorrow (2003-06-05 9:00am PDT) is awkward for
some of you, I have decided to cancel that, and hope that we can do so
asynchronously over the email forum, as much as we can (and possibly
only to augment that with occasional calls, if it becomes absolutely
necessary.)  Please note.    (03)

Let's start by :    (04)

(a) welcoming Alan and Garret,    (05)

(b) request that everyone starts over from:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UseCases#nid02    (06)

(c) start providing input (after reviewing the above), either by posting
to this list or by writing onto the wiki directly.    (07)

I would like, though, to point out, that the purpose of drafting up the
use cases for ubl-ontology is somewhat different from that of
ubl-lcsc's. We (at ubl-ontology) are only looking to this as a means to
aligning what different people may think the ontology would need to be
able to support, while we embark on developing the ontology basede on
UBL (the latter being the key deliverable.)    (08)

Regards,
PPY