[ontolog] Continuing the ontology dialog [was Re: meeting to discuss MOF

To: Leo Obrst <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Kurt Conrad <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Michael Adcock <Michael.Adcock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <yimpp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:37:00 -0700
Hi Leo,    (01)

Thank you for keeping me in the loop.    (02)

I've had a rather encouraging phone conversation last week with Kurt Conrad
(who's also on the UBL
TC; he was also on the original XML working group previously.) He is very
supportive of the
continuation of the [ontolog] discussion list, outside of UBL. In fact, Kurt
says he will work on
drafting a charter for the new list, and will help get people (whom he is
already in contact with
that has expressed interest in an endeavor of this sort) to join in, once we
are up.    (03)

I have also received a note from Mike Adcock, indicating his interest to
continue in the
conversation on ontologies, particularly in relations to the ebXML Core
Component harmonization
work he and Sue Probert are working on. See, also, the few postings dated
6/13/02 at
http://ubl.cim3.org/lists/ubl-ontolog/0206/dates.html    (04)

I am in the middle of project crunch that is requiring my undivided attention
right now. Once I get
out of that (in a week or so), I will be able to get back onto setting up the
infrastructure to get
the renewed [ontolog] forum going.    (05)

Later,
PPY

Leo Obrst wrote Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:39:02 -0400:    (07)

--
An archive of the [ubl-ontolog] postings can be found
at http://ubl.cim3.org/lists/ubl-ontolog/    (09)