[ontolog-admin] question about whether a post made it to the list [was:

To: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 06:25:37 -0700

Fyi ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Aug 1, 2013 6:04 AM
Subject: Re: Fwd: Your message to oor-dev awaits moderator approval
To: "María Poveda" <mpoveda@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>

Dear Maria,

Off hand, I do not seem to recall seeing any post from you in the last few days.

Your best assurance is to go look at the message archives - http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ - any post that got properly distributed would show up there (in about 15 minutes after the distribution.)

I assume you will have to post from an email address that is already subscribed to a particular mailing list (therefore,  for example,  being subscribed to the [ontology-summit] list does not allow one to post to, say, the [ontolog-forum] list; similarly,  subscribed as <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> does not allow me to post from <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx>.)

Also, a post may get "bounced" by the system if it has too many recipients (10 is the limit), or if you just bcc'd it to the list (that's the "implicit" address issue you have below.)

Please review,  and re-post, as necessary.

Regards.  =ppy

p.s. If you want to register an alternate posting address ( e.g. I want also to post to [oor-dev] from <peter.yim@xxxxxxxxx> but don't want messages to go to that inbox ) then write me with the specifics, and I can help you set that up.

p.p.s. I am the correct person to talk to. However, please note that none of our lists are moderated. Also, "bounced" messages awaiting moderator/list-admin review will not happen automatically, unless one specially brings the issue to my attention (otherwise, they will just be buried among the thousands of spam messages that comes through every day).