Re: [ontolog-admin] Semantic Training Post

To: Eric Little <elittle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin] forum" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ali SH <asaegyn+out@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 09:45:34 -0800
Hi Eric,    (01)

Thank you very much for asking.    (02)

There is spaces on the OntologWiki that Ontolog members are welcome to
announce relevant events and calls.    (03)

See under: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidRER
specifically on links to these wiki pages
* Relevant Events Of Interest
* Relevant Calls Of Interest
* Recruitment Opportunity    (04)

Pertinent protocols are enumerated at the top of each of those pages.    (05)

After making a (one paragraph) post there, sending a one line message
to the [ontolog-forum] list to draw people's attention to it should be
ok.    (06)

Pitching commercial products of services on the mailing list, as your
correctly guessed, is frowned up (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidLMK )    (07)

... all that said, I don't believe you are a member of the ONTOLOG
community yet. You are subscribed to [ontolog-invitation], which is
only our announcement list to the broader community of people who are
interested; and you are subscribed to [ontology-summit], which is a
joint event of which Ontolog is one of the six co-organizers. Neither
of those constitute "real" Ontolog membership. To join us, see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid1J ... after
you are a member, then all member privileges are applicable.    (08)

Regards. =ppy
Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG