Re: [ontolog-admin] Talk in the miniseries

To: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "arun@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <arun@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 08:05:45 -0800
John,    (01)

Allow me to answer this, and defer to Matthew to respond to you on the
scheduling and content questions.    (02)

Our events are essentially virtual sessions conducted over a phone
conference setting, augmented by shared computer screen support. ...
Yes, you can do it from your home, your office, or practically
anywhere else, as long as you have access to a phone, and preferably
access to a web browser, an Internet connection and to your own slides
as well.    (03)

Some suggestions for speakers can be found at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?VirtualSpeakerSessionTips
(... it is important to review those for your preparation, to help get
the best results for the session.)    (04)

Since we archive and make available the content (slides, audio
recording, reference material and links, etc.) you can also look at
the live event as a "recording session" for capturing your insights
for the community's collective body of knowledge as well. Take, for
example, Elisa Kendall's ODM talk she gave on 4-Jan-2007 (as the 3rd
session of the "Database & Ontology" mini-series - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_01_04) ...
about 40 people attended that virtual event in real time. However,
with that same month (Jan-2007), her slides were downloaded more than
2000 times. The archived content does seem to have a "long tail", as,
for example, the audio recordings talks like those on SUMO (Adam Pease
/ 2003-05-29) or PSL (Conrad Bock / 2005-01-27) still gets about
200~400 downloads every month these days.    (05)

Regards.  =ppy