Re: [ontolog-admin] ICSD-2007

To: Nabonita Guha <guha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:26:47 -0700
Dear Nabonita,    (01)

 > [NG] Can our forum sponsor events like conferences,
 > or invited talks?    (02)

[ppy] that would actually depend on the terms of reference of
what a "sponsor" is. That said, we do virtual (and even physical)
"joint" events with other organizations -- like, our recent
workshop at the Stanford Medical Informatics 9th International
Protege Conference (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologWorkshop_July_2006);
the Upper Ontology Summit we had in March 2006 (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UpperOntologySummit)
where we co-organized the event with the US National Institute of
Standards and technology, and enlisted a stellar crowd of
participants and sponsors; or the upcoming joint
NIST-Ontolog-NCOR mini-series in "Ontology Evaluation and
Measurement" ... as collaboration is a key emphasis of our
community of practice.    (03)

Virtual Invited Talks and Panel Discussions, as you know already,
  are regular featured events of Ontolog, as you can see from our
list of past events
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidZ)    (04)

 > [NG] I would also like to know that the speakers who come to
 > the forum for invited talks, can they be contacted through
 > the forum for the conference as keynote speakers or for
 > paper contribution?    (05)

[ppy] All our speakers are 'Ontolog Members' and subscribers on
our [ontolog-forum] list. (That said, they are individuals, with
their own priorities, and may or may not be 'active' participants
of Ontolog.) Your posted 'call for paper' would have served your
stated purpose, I assume. Through the Ontolog records, you should
be able to get anyone's e-mail address as well. Therefore, if you
want to contact them individually, you should already be able to
-- of course (while totally your prerogative), I would encourage
discretion, as well as you mentioning of "Ontolog" being the lead
to your contact.    (06)

Best regards.  =ppy
--    (07)

Nabonita Guha wrote Sat, 9 Sep 2006 10:44:54 +0530 (IST):
> Dear Peter,
>
> I would like to know few more things. Can our forum sponsor events like
> conferences, or invited talks? I would also like to know that the speakers
> who come to the forum for invited talks, can they be contacted through the
> forum for the conference as keynote speakers or for paper contribution?
>
> Regards
>
> --
> Nabonita    (08)

---
<peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote Mon, 11 Sep 2006 07:51:46 -0700
Dear Nabonita,    (09)

 > [NG] ... request you to please send me a login ID and password
 > with proper permissions to change the wiki page ...    (010)

[ppy] Try logging in with the following username/password pair:    (011)

     NabonitaGuha / *****    (012)

If that doesn't work, it is possible that the IP address you are
from is blocked (as would be the case if some spammer might have
used a similar IP in spamming activities before ... in which
case, you will need to let me know what IP you were working from
(if you still have trouble) so that we can investigate this
further. ... Test out the above, and let me know if it works
properly.    (013)

 > [NG] can you please make a change in the wiki page where
 > ... "9th" has to be removed.    (014)

[ppy] Done. (... my typo, a bit careless there with the
cut-and-paste; sorry.)    (015)

 > [NG] ... > I would like to get some papers from the forum
 > convenors and members ... [and] explore more avenues of
 > collaboration.    (016)

[ppy] now that your call-for-paper has been posted, let's see if
that attracts the kind of submissions you are looking for ...
and, of course, let's continue to explore further on this thread.    (017)

Cheers.  =ppy
--     (018)

Nabonita Guha wrote Sat, 9 Sep 2006 10:10:02 +0530 (IST):
 > Dear Peter,
 >
 > Thanks for your encouraging response. I would like to correct
my self here
 > that the deadline for paper submission is "September 30,
2006". I can ask
 > Dr. Prasad to extend the deadline for ontolog community
members for 15
 > more days (till Oct. 15), if required. Regarding the
geographical location
 > of the conf., I can't help it. But I can request Dr. Prasad
for partial
 > funding once we receive the sponsorships. I'm not in a
position to give
 > any assurance in this regard at this point of time.
 >
 > Also I would like to request you to please send me a login ID
and password
 > with proper permissions to change the wiki page because the
user id and
 > password I'm using is not getting validated.
 >
 > Meanwhile can you please make a change in the wiki page where
It's given
 > "9th International Conference ...", "9th" has to be removed. The
 > conference title is "International Conference on Semantic Web
& Digital
 > Libraries (ICSD 2007)".
 >
 > I would like to get some papers from the forum convenors and
members
 > regarding the projects we are undertaking  in this forum.
Other than