[ontolog-admin] Re: Fwd: Email to invitate and participate in ONTOLOG f

To: Michael Maximilien <mmaximilien@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Conor Shankey <cshankey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-admin]" <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Denise Bedford <dbedford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:12:50 -0700
Max,    (01)

Thank you for the message. Your template looks good.    (02)

Consistent with prevailing Ontolog practice, once
designated/accepted as the organizer(s) for the event, you pretty
much have a free-hand in calling all the shots, as long as you
put together the event in a way that is in line with the few
Ontolog's charter and intellectual properties rights policies.    (03)

That said, here are my suggestions for your consideration:    (04)

1. through these recent events, we've been converging toward
calling the series "Ontologizing the Ontolog Body of Knowledge"
... therefore, rather than your "Tools for Ontologizing the
ONTOLOG forum Contents," you might consider using the topic and
title already served on the session page now (which has been
'advertised' for a bit already ... for consistency.)    (05)

2. Our usual span for a session like this is 2.0 hours (and we
have actually tried to limit the sessions to within 2 hours),
which our typical audience is already used to. I noticed that you
have 2.0 to 2.5 hours in your message. Therefore, unless you have
a compelling reason to make this a longer-than-usual session, I
would suggest that you try to keep it to 2 hours.    (06)

3. please sign off just with the names of the two of you, Max and
Conor, who have been designated (volunteered and accepted by the
community) co-organizers of the event. (I'm not a part of the
organizing team here.) And, rather than calling yourselves
"ONTOLOG Forum members," do sign off as "Session Co-organizers."
Spell out your full names too, as this is a formal invitation
that is going out on behalf of the community (and maybe some of
the recipients may not know one or both of you very well.)    (07)

4. If you are circulating this to people who are not already
members of the community, please include the clauses:    (08)

//
Additionally, we will be recording our session and
make the archived audio file available online, along with the
presentation material. May I, on behalf of the Ontolog Forum,
request your permission to do so. Please refer to our IPR policy
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32
that will be applicable. If you aren't already a member of the
Ontolog community, we will also be subscribing you to the
[ontolog-forum] mailing list so that you will be kept abreast of
the exchanges prior to, and following the session. I will
assume that these are acceptable to you unless I hear from you
otherwise.
//
(reference, for example,
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum//ontolog-admin/2006-05/msg00013.html#nid016
)    (09)

5. Note that when Denise framed the issues earlier, we have
adopted the Ontolog body of knowledge as: "By content, we include
the community of people, their work and expertise; all electronic
archives and content created in and published via the wiki, and
information that is referenced by the community members such as
standards, reference models, meeting announcements and reports"
... (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_04_20#nidMJS
) ... which is slightly more comprehensive than your "ONTOLOG
forum content (which includes Wiki content, podcasts,
presentations, and user feedback)." You might want to align to
that so that we stay consistent.    (010)

Thanks again for the good work, Max.    (011)

Cheers.  =ppy
--    (012)