[ontolog-admin] Re: Panel - Why Semantic Technologies 9/8/04 pm

To: Ralph <ralph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Susan Turnbull <susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Bo Newman <Bo.Newman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Patrick Cassidy <cassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Adrian Walker <adrianw@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Niemann. Brand" <Niemann.Brand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Irene Polikoff <irene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "William E. McCarthy" <mccarth4@xxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:13:50 -0700
Ralph,    (01)

Thank you for having Ontolog represented on your 9/8/04 panel.    (02)

We missed you at our earlier ontolog call today. However, we did have a
good discussion about your panel and who would be best to represent
Ontolog there. (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2004_08_19#nid047).    (03)

Specifically, Bill McCarthy (Professor William E. McCarthy of Michigan
State University)  a long time Ontolog member, will be representing our
Community of Practice on your panel. Bill has done seminal work in the
REA accounting system and REA ontology, and is active in the eBusiness
standards community (ebXML, UN/CEFACT, Open-EDI and OMG to name a few).
Bill is planning to fly in after his morning classes that day to join
you in your panel.    (04)

Several others from our community will probably be in your audience that
day too, namely Pat Cassidy, Bo Newman and Adrian Walker; and they will
be able to stand in as back up, just in case.    (05)

Please circulate us your list of discussion questions (over this email
thread) when you are ready. We look forward to be part of a successful
Conference that you guys are putting together again.    (06)

Feel free to contact Bill McCarthy or myself, if there is any question,
or if there are follow-up action items that we should be aware of.    (07)

Thanks & regards,
PPY

Irene Polikoff wrote Tue, 10 Aug 2004 11:39:55 -0400:    (09)