[ontolog-admin] EIDX, Orlando [was- Re: Please join us at the ontolog c

To: jon.bosak@xxxxxxx
Cc: Patrick Cassidy <cassidy@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Adam Pease <adampease@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 00:08:26 -0700
Jon,    (01)

You've got it! I'm in, at least.    (02)

Besides Kurt, I am copying Adam Pease, Pat Cassidy and Leo Obrst here.
If they (any or a combination of them) can join us, that will be
wonderful - we can share the presentation and be on the panel
discussion together.    (03)

Do you have to have a name now ... or is this good enough (at least
for now)?    (04)

Regards.  -ppy
--    (05)

jon.bosak@xxxxxxx wrote Mon, 24 May 2004 17:24:46 -0700 (PDT):
> Hi Peter,
>
> Sorry for the delay -- I took a vacation last week to recover from
> Hong Kong and am only now beginning to catch up with mail.
>
> But I'm glad you wrote, because I was just about to ask you and
> Kurt for a speaker to fill the August slot in Orlando that we
> discussed recently.
>
> Check out the first page of the spreadsheet below.  You would be
> Session 3, "Ontologies," under "Semantic Harmonization."  I need a
> speaker commitment ASAP for this, or I'll have to withdraw the
> track.  No support for travel, I'm sorry to say.  If this won't be
> possible, please let me know as soon as you can so that I have
> time to switch topics.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jon    (06)

=== Excerpt from Jon Bosak's attached agenda ===    (07)

Tuesday - August 3, 2004
EIDX Summer 2004 Conference at Breakaway
Orlando, FL
(Agenda as of 5-3-04)    (08)

2:40~5:30pm
Semantic Harmonization
The EIDX UDEF and XRef initiatives have as their goal the
establishment of semantic equivalences between different B2B messaging
standards, both EDI-based and XML-based.  This half-day technical
session focuses on three leading methodologies currently in use for
formalizing semantic equivalence: UDEF, UN/CEFACT Core Components
(CCTS), and Ontologies.  Expert speakers will introduce each
methodology and then finish with a panel discussion to allow attendees
to compare these approaches.
Session 1 - UDEF
Session 2 - UN/CEFACT CCTS
          (Break)
Session 3 - Ontologies
Session 4 - Panel w/audience participation    (09)

=== /Excerpt from Jon Bosak's attached agenda ===