[ontolog-admin] Re: Ontolog Forum

To: "Dieter E. Jenz" <dejenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontolog-Admin Forum <ontolog-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kurt Conrad <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:13:26 -0700
Dieter,    (01)

When the Ontolog Forum was launched, it had two primary
missions.  Providing input to the UBL initiative was only one of
them.  The other was to deal with more general issues associated with
the engineering of business ontologies.    (02)

We have a significant number of members that have little or no
interest in UBL.  I hope and expect to see other projects that are
not focused solely on UBL, but none are in the works at the
moment.  If you have any specific suggestions, I would welcome them.    (03)

This week, we are starting a series of online tutorials that will
deal with Protege, SUMO, and other related topics.  Although the
immediate focus is to support the UBL project, I expect the resulting
knowledge transfer will help accelerate the type of projects that you
seem to have in mind.    (04)

Thanks for your interest.  I hope this answers your question.    (05)

/s/ kwc 2003.05.28 11:13    (06)

At 2003-05-16 16:53 +0200, you wrote:
>Kurt,
>
>I have just learned about the existence of the Ontolog Forum.
>
>Is the group's sole focus on UBL or are there other areas of
>activity, possibly earmarked for the near future?
>
>Best regards,
>Dieter Jenz
>
>--
>Dieter E. Jenz
>Jenz & Partner GmbH
>Hainstr. 40a
>63526 Erlensee, Germany
>Phone: +49-6183-9100-11
>Email: dejenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://www.jenzundpartner.de
>http://www.bpiresearch.com

Kurt Conrad
2994 Salem Dr.                     408-247-0454
Santa Clara, CA 95051-5502         408-247-0457 (data/fax)
http://www.SagebrushGroup.com      mailto:conrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (08)