ontoiop-forum

[ontoiop-forum] next OntoIOp telco: query languages

To: Tara Athan <taraathan@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: OntoIOp open discussion <ontoiop-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Till Mossakowski <mossakow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 17:13:08 +0200
Dear Tara, dear all,    (01)

since you have suggested that the next OntoIop meeting should be devoted
to query languages, I think we should start to prepare the meeting.
First, we would need an overview of existing query languages that we
would like to cover, e.g.: SPARQL, conjunctive queries for OWL, Prolog,
.... What else to add to this list?    (02)

I think the challenge is then to find suitable abstractions that allow
us to treat queries in a language independent way. Do you have some
initial ideas about this in the API4KB group?
In the institution community, Razvan Diaconescu has developed some
abstract notion of substitution that could help here, see the attached
paper.    (03)

All the best,
Till    (04)