okmds-convene

[ontolog-invitation] Joint NASA-Ontolog-KMWG "OKMDS" mini-series - Thu 2

To: okmds-convene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kmgov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 12:48:04 -0800
******************* Headlines ***********************
NASA, Ontolog & KMWG are collaborating in a 6-month mini-series
on "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision Support
(OKMDS)."  We take pleasure in announcing the next two sessions:    (01)

   -- *Thu 13 Dec 2007* - "Making Better Strategic Decisions, by
Asking If It Is Going To Get Better or Worse" to be presented by
an expert panel from Millennium Project (MP/WFUNA) State of the
Future Index (SOFI) team members and advisors.    (02)

   -- *Thu 17 Jan 2008* - "Organizing Science Knowledge for
Discovery" to be presented by folks from NASA - Dr. Richard
Keller & Dr. Robert Raskin.    (03)

   --Register your attendance by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
offline.    (04)

******************** Details ************************    (05)

This "Ontology in Knowledge Management and Decision Support
(OKMDS)" mini-series is a collaboration between NASA and Ontolog,
and is co-organized by a team of individuals from various related
communities passionate about creating the opportunity for an
inter-community, collaborative exploration of the intersection
between Ontology, Knowledge Management and Decision Support, that
could eventually lead us toward "Better Decision Making."    (06)

The mini-series will span a period of about six months (Nov-2007
to May-2008), during which we will be featuring Talks, Panel
Discussions and Online Discourse on pertinent issues. We expect
all the talks and panel discussion events to be offered in both
'real world' (augmented conference calls) and 'virtual world'
(Second Life) settings.    (07)

Please refer to details about this mini-series on the OKMDS
project homepage, at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OKMDS    (08)

You are cordially invited to join us at the following two sessions:    (09)

*Thu 13 Dec 2007* -  Members and advisers of the (World
Federation of UN Associations) Millennium Project SOFI team, Mr.
Peter Yim, Mr. Theodore Gordon, Mr. Adam Cheyer, Professor
Kenneth Baclawski, Dr. Patrick Cassidy, Dr. Denise Bedford & Dr.
Jerome Glenn will coming together as a panel to discuss: "Making
Better Strategic Decisions, by Asking If It Is Going To Get
Better or Worse - the SOFI Method and the System to Implement it"
- Please refer to details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2007_12_13    (010)

*Thu 17 Jan 2007* - NASA folks will be showcasing some of their
work involving semantic technologies. In this session entitled:
"Organizing Science Knowledge for Discovery." Dr. Richard Keller
and Dr. Robert Raskin will share with us the vision, the
experience and learning from some of these projects - Please
refer to developing details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_01_17    (011)

*RSVP* by emailing Peter Yim at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline so
that we can prepare enough resources to support everyone. (Kindly
include your affiliation and job title if you aren't already a
member of the Ontolog community or the KMgov community.) ... Do
register for the Dec-13 event now, as it is just a week away!    (012)

The sessions will be recorded. Before participating, please make
sure you are cognizant of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (013)

Regards,    (014)

Jeanne Holm                           Peter Yim
Chief Knowledge Architect,            Co-convener,
NASA/JPL                              ONTOLOG    (015)

on behalf of the OKMDS project organizing committee:    (016)

* Andrew Schain (NASA/HQ)
* Denise Bedford (WorldBank)
* Jeanne Holm (NASA/JPL)
* Ken Baclawski (NEU)