model-challenge

Re: [model-challenge] marriage template

To: Modeling Benchmark Challenge <model-challenge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 07:47:29 -0400
Henson,

You wrote:

When one goes to other examples such as a family one
might chose to introduce family as a thing and have participant
relationships..

The following Executable English model may be of interest

this-relationship is a specialization of this-higher-relationship
sibling                                family
marriage                               family
family                                 the class of all relationships

some-relationship1 is a specialization of some-relationship2
that-relationship2 is a specialization of some-relationship3
that-relationship1 is a specialization of that-relationship3

some-person is related through some-relationship to some-other-person
that-relationship is a specialization of some-higher-relationship
that-person is related through that-higher-relationship to that-other-person

this-person is related through this-relationship to this-other-person
Fred                           marriage              Jane
Fred                           sibling               John

It's also online at [1], and you can view run and change it with a browser pointed to the same site.

[1] www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/DataModelling1.agent

HTH,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English Q/A over SQL and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com
Shared use is free, and there are no advertisements

Adrian Walker
Reengineering