mini-series-org

Re: [EarthScienceOntolog] Possible speakers for EarthScienceOntolog Sess

To: "Hills, Scott J. (SJHills) (SJHills)" <SJHills@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: EarthScienceOntolog Mini-series Planning <mini-series-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 23:12:51 -0700
Great suggestions, Scott. Really appreciate the input!    (01)

We definitely share your views as most of the names you suggested were
also brought up before during our earlier organizing team meetings. In
fact, we already had Peter Fox presenting at session-2 of the series
on Sep-6 (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_09_06#nid3EOA
).    (02)

You may also be aware (ref.
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?EarthScienceOntolog#nid3CWF )
that the focus of the next two sessions will be on the "4) Review of
the field of ontologies for earth science (and existing ontologies)"
and "5) Tutorials."    (03)

... by copying our mini-series organizing team here, I am passing
along your suggestions for possible consideration by our session-5
co-chairs as well, so that champions of the next two sessions could
optimize the alignment between their session topics and potential
panelists' expertise.    (04)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (05)

Peter P. Yim
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PeterYim