iaoa-swao

[iaoa-swao] IAOA SWAO SIG Monthly Meeting Reminder Monday 7 July

To: IAOA SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology SIG <iaoa-swao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mike Bennett <mbennett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 21:48:07 +0100

Everyone,

Reminder: Our next meeting of the SWAO SIG will take place Monday July 7 at 10:00 Eastern US time.

Date: Monday July 7;

Time: 10:00 am EDT / 7:00am PDT / 3:00 pm BST / 4:00pm CET / 14:00 GMT/UTC.

Please see http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_SWAO_SIG#4DZE

Agenda:

  • Housekeeping
    • We have a new conference bridge
    • Status of this Wiki and plans going forward
  • Next steps for the SIG
    • Listing on the IAOA Special Interest Group web page
    • Review the dedicated SIG page
      • Initial draft done, reviewed at our previous meeting
      • Review of the actions identified before “go-live”

Items deferred from previous meeting:

  • Solicitation for members
  • Someone with access to the list members (LeoObrst or FrankLoebe) to help define the current members
  • New members to have a wiki page providing their background and present a quick (1 min) overview of their work and interests on a call
  • Discussion on creating an introductory online/training tutorial
    • Introductory sections for non-technical audiences and to set the stage
    • Subsequent sections building on the introduction to go more in-depth and perhaps with exercises
    • Work in conjunction with the IAOA Education Committee
    • MarkFox working on a "gentle introduction to ontologies" and will forward to the SIG
      • This would be a starting point, but would need SIG consensus
  • Discussion on an issue of the Journal of Applied Ontology related to reuse and lessons learned
    • Extending and discussing the work of this year's Ontology Summit
  • Brainstorm and share information about people and projects relevant to this SIG and reach out them to make them aware of our existence and maybe invite them for a talk or an informal chat

o    Establish knowledge base and list of knowledgeable individuals, and understand current work, projects and interests

  • Next Meeting

o    interest in having 2 meetings per month

§  1 meeting for event-related logistics and management,

§  another for topics of research and project-related discussions (promote ontology practices and development)

Note that our monthly meetings are on the first Monday of every month, at 10am Eastern Time.

Please see the SIG wiki page for dial-in details. These are different to previous meetings.

Best regards,

Mike Bennett

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-swao/
File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/SIG/SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology/
SIG Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_SWAO_SIG
Activities Blog: http://iaoa-activities.blogspot.com/ ...(coming!)
To join: please email the SIG conveners or to: info[at]iaoa.org
IAOA website: http://iaoa.org     (01)