iaoa-swao

Re: [iaoa-swao] use of the SWAO mailing list & public archive

To: "'IAOA SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology SIG'" <iaoa-swao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Frank Loebe" <frank.loebe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 23:17:39 +0100
Hi Leo,    (01)

the procedure for anyone to invite people and let them subscribe to this
list is the following:    (02)

1.) Point invitees to the listinfo page [1], where they can subscribe by
providing email address, name, and a list password (which is occasionally
mailed back, in cleartext(!)).    (03)

2.) Subscription requesters need to confirm their request based on a message
that is sent to the address to be subscribed with, usually within a few
minutes.    (05)

3.) The confirmed subscription request requires approval by one of the list
administrators. A reaction to this approval request by a list administrator
should usually not take longer than a (working) day, with good chances that
it happens quicker.    (06)

4.) If approval is granted, the new list member will receive a welcome
message - and will have joined.    (07)

For list administrators only:
The administrative interface further offers means to (a) directly subscribe
or (b) send out invitations to email addresses. Recipients of the latter
invitations only need to confirm their invitation, then they will receive a
welcome message (including a generated password) and will have joined the
list.    (08)

Best regards,
Frank    (09)

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-swao/
File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/SIG/SemanticWeb-AppliedOntology/
SIG Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IAOA_SWAO_SIG
Activities Blog: http://iaoa-activities.blogspot.com/ ...(coming!)
To join: please email the SIG conveners or to: info[at]iaoa.org
IAOA website: http://iaoa.org     (012)