|From:||Giancarlo Guizzardi <gguizzardi@xxxxxxxxxxx>|
|Date:||Mon, 19 Nov 2012 17:57:05 -0200|
***** CAISE 2013 *****
25th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering
June 17-21 2013, Valencia, Spain
CALL FOR TUTORIAL PROPOSALS
CAiSE’13 invites proposals for tutorials in technical areas of Information Systems engineering. These mini-tutorials will be 90 minutes long and should aim at offering new insights, knowledge, and skills to managers, teachers, researchers, and students seeking to gain a better understanding of the state-of-the-art in Information Systems engineering. They are a good way to get a broad overview of multiple topics in a single day.
Tutorials are intended to provide independent instruction on a topic of relevance. Therefore, no commercial or sales-oriented presentations will be accepted. Potential presenters should keep in mind that there may be quite a varied audience, including novice graduate students, seasoned practitioners, and specialized researchers. Tutorial speakers should be prepared to cope with this diversity.
Tutorials will be organized in parallel with the technical sessions of the main conference and participants of the conference will have free access to all them.
Tutorial proposals should be submitted to both Tutorial Chairs. Prior contact with the tutorial chairs is encouraged. The tutorial committee will review each proposal and will select quality proposals that fit the criteria mentioned above. Each tutorial proposal will be evaluated on its anticipated benefit for prospective participants and its fit within the tutorial program as a whole. Factors to be considered also include: relevance, timeliness, importance, and audience appeal; effectiveness of teaching methods; and past experience and qualifications of the instructors.
• 14th December 2013 : Deadline for submission of mini-tutorial proposals
• 17th February 2013 : Notification of tutorial acceptance
• 17-21th June 2013 : Tutorials (schedule TBA)
Detailed instructions for tutorial proposers
The proposal (length up to 1500 words) should cover the following points:
• Goal and Objectives: The overall goal of the tutorial and the concrete objectives to be achieved.
• Scope: Intended audience, level (basic or advanced), and prerequisites.
• Teaching Method: The teaching method(s) that you will use in your mini-tutorial. Please specify the technology requirements for presentation (overhead transparency projector, pc projector, etc.)
• Structure of Contents: Here you should provide a structured overview of your planned mini-tutorial, organized into numbered sections and sub-sections. For each sub-section, you should sketch its contents in a few sentences or bullets.
• References: Provide references to papers, books, etc. where your tutorial builds on. Please specify previous venues at which this mini-tutorial has been presented.
• Sample Slides: Prepare 3 sample slides from the presentation that you would give if your mini-tutorial were accepted. Select slides that are typical for your presentation style. These slides have to be submitted in a separate PDF file.
PLEASE SEND YOUR PROPOSALS TO BOTH TUTORIAL CHAIRS
Services provided by CAiSE
• Publication of an abstract of the mini-tutorial in the LNCS proceedings.
• Tutorials will benefit from the local organisational infrastructure.
Federal University of Espírito Santo (UFES), Brazil
Phone: +55 27 98489472
Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
Phone: +34 934 137 896
_________________________________________________________________ Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-general/ To subscribe: send a blank email to: iaoa-general-join@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To unsubscribe: mailto:iaoa-general-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx To join IAOA: http://www.iaoa.org/joining/joining.html Community Portal: http://iaoa.org (01)
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||[iaoa-general] Schedule change notice: Earth Science Ontology Dialog - miniseries session-5 - Co-chairs: Nancy Wiegand & Mike Dean - Wed 2012.12.12, Peter Yim|
|Next by Date:||[iaoa-general] Public Report IAOA-EC Meeting n.70 - Wed 2012.11.21, Stefano Borgo|
|Previous by Thread:||[iaoa-general] Schedule change notice: Earth Science Ontology Dialog - miniseries session-5 - Co-chairs: Nancy Wiegand & Mike Dean - Wed 2012.12.12, Peter Yim|
|Next by Thread:||[iaoa-general] Public Report IAOA-EC Meeting n.70 - Wed 2012.11.21, Stefano Borgo|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|