iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] Proceedings: Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Stand

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 20:14:31 -0700
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_11_03    (01)

The "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series session-2 today was
fantastic! We had Ms. Elisa Kendall (Principal of Thematix Partners,
LLC) presenting her invited talk on: "Ontology-Related Metadata
Standards -- ISO Metadata and Metamodel Standards for Ontology Work,
and Related Activities at OMG." Ms. Kendall provided us with a very
comprehensive overview of the landscape on current metadata and
metamodel related standards development work. As co-chair Professor
Michael Gruninger put it, some of us are simply in awe to learn of all
that good work being done out there.    (02)

The full proceedings of the session, including the slides, audio
recording, chat-transcript, etc. are all available online now in our
archives.
See: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_11_03#nid2YNC    (03)

A huge "Thank You!" should go to Ms. Elisa Kendall for putting
together such a wonderful presentation, and for sharing her insights
with all of us. Our appreciations also go to everyone who participated
at the session and contributed to the lively discussion that ensued.
All that have been captured into our archives, and are now part of the
collective body of knowledge that this community has been building
together.    (04)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (05)

For and on behalf of the
"Ontologies & Standards" mini-series Co-chairs
  Michael Gruninger
  John Bateman
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologiesAndStandards