iaoa-general

[iaoa-general] Public report of IAOA EC meeting (n.38)

To: iaoa-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 06:48:33 -0700
Dear IAOA-general mailing list subscribers,    (01)

Please find, below the public report of the 38th IAOA Executive Council meeting.    (02)

The past public reports are collected at
http://www.iaoa.org/council/reports/reports.html    (03)

If you are not already an IAOA member please visit:
http://www.iaoa.org/joining/joining.html
... and should there be any further question, feel free to contact the
association at: info@xxxxxxxx    (04)

Cheers.  =ppy    (05)

Peter Yim
on behalf of IAOA EC
---    (06)

Thirty-eighth meeting of the IAOA Executive Council (EC)
Virtual Meeting of 1 Mar 2011    (07)

Attendees:
 Nicola Guarino (chair)
 John Bateman
 Leo Obrst
 Laure Vieu
 Peter Yim    (08)

Discussion on the setting up of IAOA Special Interest Groups (SIG's) continued.    (09)

The ongoing Ontology Summit 2011 activities are going full steam.
Members are encouraged to actively participate.
see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011    (010)

We have confirmed IAOA support for the following activities:    (011)

* The "Philosophy and Engineering" workshop that is part of the French
conference on Knowledge Engineering "IC 2011" (the latter to which we
have already decided on giving our support to)
  IAOA champion: Alexandre Monnin
  EC liaison: Laure Vieu    (012)

* The VORTE (Vocabularies, Ontologies and Rules for The Enterprise) to
be held once more as a satellite event of the IEEE Enterprise
Computing Conference (EDOC)
 ref. http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/edoc2011/vorte
  IAOA champion: Giancarlo Guizzardi
  EC liaison: Giancarlo Guizzardi    (013)

* The ONTOBRAS 2011 (Brazilian Seminar on Ontological Research)
as a standard IAOA supported activity
 ref. http://www.inf.ufrgs.br/ontobras-most2011/?q=en/node/3
  IAOA champion: Mara Abel
  EC liaison: Giancarlo Guizzardi    (014)

(End of Report)    (015)